RESPONDING IN TIMES OF NEED IS IN OUR DNA
Our agency was founded in 1857 as the Chicago Relief & Aid Society; we’ve existed through challenging times for more than 160 years.
- "We are all in it together, and I can do my part too.”
- A live-stream concert by Windy City artists playing for a cause, not applause
- "We feel confident we are going to overcome this obstacle."
Metropolitan Peace Initiatives (MPI) continues to expand, offering support for Communities Partnering 4 Peace (CP4P)
- Behavioral Health
- Workforce Development
- Legal Aid
LEGAL AID SOCIETY
“I hope the inequities the pandemic has exposed in our society will not get quickly unlearned.” >> Miguel Keberlein, Executive Director, The Legal Aid Society
- "This program is hope, for a new future, for a new life."
- At the intersection of violence prevention and legal aid
enrolled in Community Schools
participated in Workforce Development
YOUTH AND ADULTS
received Mental Health support
served by the Legal Aid Society